- An individual having a PhD or MPhil degree in a field related to Biochemistry or Molecular Biology from a university recognized by the UGC
- A confirmed Senior Lecturer or above, in a department of biochemistry in a Sri Lankan university recognized by the UGC.
- An individual having a 2-year MSc in a field of biochemistry or Molecular biology + 5 years full time research experience + at least 10 publicaions in peer reviewed journals may be considered under exceptional circumstances.
A member who becomes eligible for membership based on employment in a University Department of biochemistry, but without a PhD in a field of Biochemistry / Molecular Biology, ceases to become a member of the College, upon retiring or resigning from the Department.
A member who becomes eligible based on PhD qualification retains full membership for life.
- An individual having completed a BSc or MSc degree in a field related to Biochemistry in a UGC recognized university.
- An undergraduate following a B.Sc in Biochemistry or undergoing postgraduate training in a field related to Biochemistry may be admitted as a student member at the discretion of the Council.
- Individuals who do not qualify to be a member with the above three categories, however has taken Biochemistry or Molecular Biology as a subject at Undergraduate or Postgraduate level may be eligible to get affiliate membership annually.